1. Because of his spot on speech about democratic socialism in the USA, delivered at Georgetown University on 11/29/2015. -- https://youtu.be/cbUN9UwoBX0?t=18m29s
I've been following Sanders efforts in the U.S. Senate for a number of years, especially in that he has most often been one of the few who has been voting the way I've hoped my senator would be voting.
Here's what I wrote on my public Facebook page today:
* Because every one of my students should be able to go to public college and university tuition free;
* because all of my students, and their parents, and families, and friends should be guaranteed free health care;
* because none of my students, or their family members, should be sent into wars/conflicts/overseas to fight for questionable reasons;
* because none of my students should have parents that are working 40 or 50 or 60 plus hours per week and still be under the poverty line;
* because when the market economy fails to provide enough jobs for former students, parents, and families (people that are willing to work) then it is the responsibility of the government to provide public works jobs to ensure full employment;
* because my students, their families, and my children deserve a habitable planet to live on.
I support Bernie Sanders for the next President of the U.S.A.
His message is clear, consistent, and inspiring. He is smart. He makes good choices. He seems to have some clue about the economy and how it works, and how the federal government needs to create jobs (when the capitalist economy can not or does not).
As of Thursday, February 25, 2016 I've made four donations to the Sanders campaign.